Mathew Holland Mathew Holland is offline
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kev View Post
hello ben,
well i'll start by saying that you need to forget about the felt thats
sort of like the vcr compared to dvd
have a new grp roof it lasts forever its not effected by the change in
weather and with the felt you can almost rest assure you'll be paying
out again.
many people are having garage roofs,flat roofs
asbestos roofs replaced with grp roofs.
if you need more advice on where to look for this service contact me
Hi,

I beg to differ with your above comment.

I understand why you would say this, as old traditional felts could be seen as being the 'VCR' of flat roofing. However, new modern high performance polyester roofing felt membranes are so advanced these days, that most are guaranteed for 20 years but will last for in excess of 30 years at a smaller cost to that of rival materials such as GRP or EPDM (Rubber). These high performance modified membranes are the 'Blue Ray' of flat roofing!

If i can be of any further advise please let me know. I know my view is a bit biased as i work for a roofing felt manufacturer but i have seen a few roofs with all materials on, and i wouldn't be working for who i do if i didn't believe in what i was selling.

Mat Holland