Posted to uk.d-i-y
tim..... tim..... is offline

Default Apprentices smoking in vans

"Fredxx" wrote in message
On 09/09/2012 23:52, tim..... wrote:

There's also a new law that entitles you to move the vehicle if it's
causing an obstruction, but you have to respect rule 1 when you do so.

What? So preventing a bona fide customer park in his spot, ie
obstruction, will be sufficient for me to remove the offending car?

Wow - so really there's no change?

Well as the new rules are simply an extension of the current rules for
public road to now include private land, my understanding of that law is
that vehicles can only be moved after they have had a warning notice stuck
on them for a period of time (I forget how long, but it's multiple days).
So simply parking in someone else's space for a few hours isn't going to cut
it

But there is a another change from now, and it's a big one, if you do move
the car you may not charge the owner for doing so.

Nor may you move it to somewhere that you restrict the rights of the owner
to collect it (which I presume includes not telling him where you have put
it).

tim