Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Master Lock Electronic Padlocks - Can they be disabled?

wrote:
How about if I dunked it in a tub of water
or poured crazy glue down along the shackle
or zapped it with a taser or electric cord
or rubbed it with a heavy duty magnet?

I was thinking more of a simple, non-powered method of disabling them. I
was actually wondering if there was a design flaw in this particular lock
that made them specifically susceptible to a quick and easy disabling.

The website mentioned "lockers" a few times, so I was thinking something
easily accomplished by a student. Crazy glue would work but a taser might
be be a little tough for a 10th grader to get their hands on.

Again, I was leaning more towards the design flaw of the battery slot being
easily broken.