Preston Andreas

Default French door problem

If you renail the moulding back on, make sure you don't let any of the nails
contact the new pane, or else it will look just like the one you just
replaced. DAMHIKIT.

Preston
"Ian Wheeler" wrote in message
The double paned glass is a sealed unit, possibly with a vacuum between,
possibly with inert gas between.

I had two of these go in my last house - best bet is to call the local

glass
company - they'll come and measure it up and order the new panel. I had
them install the panels, but you could do that yourself.

The panels are only held in by the molding you see and caulk behind it.

On
mine, one side of the door panel came off, slide the new panel in, put the
door back together then molding and caulk.

Ian

"