Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rick Hughes[_5_] Rick Hughes[_5_] is offline

Default pH meters

vinegar with is rated at 5% acidity it reads pH 6

On 09/09/2012 21:47, Martin Brown wrote: On 09/09/2012 21:32, Rick
Hughes wrote:
I bought a pH meter which is aimed at gardeners ...

Of the things you can likely find on the kitchen/garage shelf. Sodium
bicarbonate, carbonate, ammonia and sodium hydroxide (careful) as bases
in rough order and acetic acid, citric acid (lemon juice), sulphuric,
hydrochloric acid as a strong acids.

Take care with any strong alkali or acid they can be unforgiving.

But how would I know what pH reading I should get from them ?
i.e is lemon juice pH 1,2,3,4 ?