Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] damduck-egg@yahoo.co.uk is offline

Default Apprentices smoking in vans

On Sun, 09 Sep 2012 10:47:07 +0100, "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

In article ,
Andrew Gabriel wrote:
My grandfather was quite imfamous (some 50 years ago) for smoking
whilst driving the family. The routine was normally some variation
on cig in mouth, take out match and strike it whilst steering with
his knees,

My father smoked a pipe while driving. That was a performance which needed
to be seen to believe. ;-)

With my father the performance included asking me to steer while he
went about it, must have been about 8 years old when I first did it
leaning over from the front passenger seat . This was on winding Devon
lanes not just maintaining a steady course on a decent straighter
road, the bugger didn't slow down either.

G.Harman