Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Default Apprentices smoking in vans

Owain wrote:
On Sep 8, 6:37 pm, "ARW" wrote:
Thursday morning before I set of on "holiday" the guy I sub for
dragged one of the apprentices into the office for smoking in a
works van (he does not care if they smoke in them).

In Scotland, a person in control of the premises (which includes
vehicles used primarily for business purposes) knowingly permitting
smoking is liable to receiving a Fixed Penalty Notice of £200 or being
prosecuted and receiving a fine of £2,500.

If you bring your van up to Scotland remember to affix the required No
Smoking sticker in the windscreen at the border.

Worse than the bloody French you lot at tricking us English folk into paying
fines.

--
Adam