Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default More on electric cars.

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
The Natural Philosopher wrote:
Yes regen , been used on the tube railway since god knows when, isn't
that much of a factor..

most car losses are tyre rolling resistance and air resistance.

So that's how to improve the range of any car - get rid of the tyres.

Indeed.

Trains have much less rolling resistance as do bicycles with very small
high pressure tyres.

And
of course drive very slowly where air resistance is minimal. Or drive with
the wind where it helps things.

Absolutely. an electric bicycle is far better than a car in terms of
miles/Kwh..

Neither
of which I would describe as friction, though that;s more a matter of
precise definition.

It's the major factor. In still water a single person can move a ship
weighing many tons. You'll not do that with a similar weight vehicle.

Due to the tyre rolling resistance.

I can in fact push a van weighing several toinnes on well pumped up
tyres on a dead smooth flat road.

remember that what you BELIEVE is not the truth, necessarily. Its what
you believe, that's all.

Measuring the effects of things independently is the key to getting an
accurate understanding, not relying on religion.

--
Ineptocracy

diminishing number of producers.