Posted to alt.home.repair

Default My new well water level dropped 140' in 4 years!

On 9/8/2012 9:25 PM, Red wrote:
On Sep 8, 3:32 pm, The Daring Dufas the-daring-du...@stinky-
finger.net wrote:

+1
In my world my aquafer has a refresh rate of 1.5 million gallons per
day. If the OP's well did drop that much in that length of time I
would guess his well is either not in an aquafer or there was a major
ground fault event, which would be well known to all who use it.

Are you thinking earthquake like I first did when I read the post? O_o

TDD

Yep, especially when he said he lived in California.

The first earthquake I ever experienced was in the early 70's in West
Alabamastan, Tuscaloosa Province. I was sitting on the toilet in my
apartment when the toilet suddenly started rocking. I immediately
thought it was due to the large pizza I had consumed the night before
but I later found out that there was a rare earthquake that had shaken
the area. When I was in Californiastan in the late 80's, I was bounced
around in bed on a regular basis due to quakes that felt like a big rig
passing by the bedroom window. No wonder folks in Californiastan are so
jumpy. ^_^

TDD