Posted to uk.d-i-y
charles charles is offline

Default Apprentices smoking in vans

In article ,
Graham. wrote:
On Sat, 08 Sep 2012 21:46:19 +0100 (BST), "Dave Liquorice"
wrote:

On Sat, 8 Sep 2012 13:04:47 -0700 (PDT), Owain wrote:

In Scotland, a person in control of the premises (which includes
vehicles used primarily for business purposes) knowingly permitting
smoking is liable to receiving a Fixed Penalty Notice of £200 or being
prosecuted and receiving a fine of £2,500.

Fairly sure that something similar applies in England as well.

I am told smoking is not allowed in my (leased) co car, even during
private use.

There is a sign, on the back of the VEL holder.
It's not an issue for me as I don't smoke and would never allow a
passenger to do so. What others chose to do in their own co cars is
their own business and there is certainly no pro-active enforcement or
spying going on by our management or the leasing co.

I act as a driver for a local charity, taking people to the doctor, etc. I
ma required by law to have a "No Smoking" sign in my car when I do this. I
find that intrusive.

--
From KT24

Using a RISC OS computer running v5.18