Posted to alt.home.repair
andyeverett andyeverett is offline

Default Prep advice for 25 yr. old stuccoed chimneys.

On Sep 8, 6:29*pm, "TomR" ...

2) How high up off the ground is this roof and chimney? *I ask because you
mentioned bringing in a lift for $300/day, but if the chimney is not too
high up off the ground, and the chimney is in good shape, you may be able to
access it for painting by just leaning a 44-foot (+/-) ladder up against it.
And, maybe laying a ladder that hooks over the peak of the roof along the
roof line next to the chimney to get to that side of the chimney for
painting.

Three stories plus. My first thought was ladders and planks and some
climbing rope for safety. With the larger lift I think I could roll
two coats of paint in one day, or rent in the middle of the day and
prime in the afternoon and paint the next morning. It would be a lot
of hustle to get all three chimneys done in a day.