Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] krw@att.bizzz is offline

Default FACT CHECK: Convention speakers stray from reality

On Fri, 7 Sep 2012 04:42:54 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

On Sep 7, 12:27*am, "
wrote:

Of course the problem there is that nothing there says that
it's common for someone who quits or is fired for cause to qualify for
and receive unemployment. *Does it happen, sure if you can prove some
extenuating circumstances.

If you read it, it's clearly *not* extenuating circumstances. If the employee
is not at fault, UI is payable. It really is that simple.

Read what? It isn't that simple.

Good grief. *Read. *The law states that UI is payable as long as the employee
is not at fault in the termination. *Yes, it really is that simple.

You keep trying to mix together being FIRED and QUITTING.

No, I certainly am not. You aren't hearing *reason for*. Either
(being fired and quitting) *may* be eligible for UI, depending on the
reasons behind it. If the employee is not at fault (meaning the
reasons are beyond his control), the MAY STILL BE ELIGIBLE FOR UI. Got
it?

They are two very different things.
Ed started the controversy here about under what conditions
you can receive UI if you QUIT. His point was that if you just
quit your job, except in limited circumstances, you are NOT
elligible for UE.

No, that is *NOT* what the issue is about. He stated, only backed up
by his very limited experience, that you could *not* get UI if you
were fired or quit. This is simply not true.

Your own link, which you choose not to quote here, says this:

Idiot. I linked it. I expected you to read it if you were interested
in the thread.

"2. Job separation. As stated above, unemployment benefits are meant
for those workers who lost their job through no fault of their own.

*EXACTLY* That's what I've been saying. Now I'm sure you'll try to
put words in my mouth. It is your MO.

Some examples would include being permanently laid off, having to move
with a spouse who is in the military, and being fired for reasons
other han misconduct."

Precisely what I've been saying, moron.

No tell us how someone who quits there job simply because they
don't feel like working any more fits that description. Or show us
anything there that says that when an employee quits because they
don't like their job, they are elligible. It isn't there.

*I* didn't say that. *YOU* did, moron! I was right. You're trying
to put words in my mouth.

If an employee quits just because he
just doesn't feel like working any more, he isn't at fault.

You're being an idiot. *Of course it's his fault.

Well, then clealy that person does not meet the
qualification for receiving unemployment. Make up your mind.
I was just trying to
figure out how you may be trying to interpret this.
And here you go yet again, with the name calling.
Let's review again, where this started:

Let's not and leave it with you being a moron.