Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Tips Lubricating Camera Tripod Heads?

KenO wrote:
Recently got a used MX350 Tripod. After using it for a while noticed significant sticking in certain areas,(especially when Pan vertically).

Did a forum search but only got. "Results for tripod head lubrication in sci.electronics.repair Search all groups Results: about 0 for tripod head lubrication No results found"

Hope someone may have had a similar problem and solved it.

Am interested in any tips taking apart a camera tripod head and lubricating it.

Thanks

Ken

I have no idea what a MX350 is, but try taking it apart and wiping the
parts clean. I tend to avoid lubing up stuff like this unless it came that
way. The junk and crud from rubbing parts is usually the problem.