Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default HELP - Atlantic Suitcase Screw Removal

On Fri, 7 Sep 2012 00:57:34 +0000 (UTC), DerbyDad03

On Thu, 06 Sep 2012 16:18:53 -0700, Oren wrote:

On Thu, 06 Sep 2012 08:30:00 -0700, Tom Williams
wrote:

I have some older Atlantic two wheel rolling suitcases in need of
wheel replacement. There are what appears to be phillips head screws
on the outside of the suitcase that go into in attachment inside,
behind the lining.

I can get to the attachment, and when trying to remove the screws I
fail. I can hold part of the attachment with plyers and the screw
rotates, but won't back out. I have tried pulling on the attachment
while turning the screw, which should help with stripped threads, but
no removal.

Does anybody have any suggestions.

Thanks,

Tom Williams
tomwms at comcast (dot) net

I'd check the phone book for a luggage repair shop.

They are philips head rivets. Another smart idea from those clever
chinese.

Is the Phillips head just for show or does it serve a purpose?

Based on this picture it seems like it's just for show.

http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/50..._Head_and.html

Maybe they are to give you something to do after you retire.