Posted to alt.home.repair
harry harry is offline

Default Earthworms

On Sep 7, 4:16*am, "hr(bob) "
wrote:
On Sep 6, 5:43*pm, Oren wrote:

On Thu, 6 Sep 2012 17:12:26 -0500, "HeyBub"
wrote:

Paintbrush. Container of bleach. Dip brush in bleach and fling on the
ground.

Earthworms come bubbling up by the hundreds (well, dozens).

Never heard of using bleach.

"... A more self-reliant sportsman or sportswoman, however, will seek
out his own bait in a more traditional way, by "fiddling," "snoring,"
or "doodling" up the slimy creatures from their deep and dark hiding
place. The terms mentioned above relate to a possibly ancient
procedure which induces earthworms to mysteriously appear above ground
as if by magic."

http://www.arts.state.al.us/actc/articles/wormfiddling.htm

Some call it gruntin.

Video: (This guy makes a living gruntin worms)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKNv6ZrC5mg

For fishing, I'd get a breeding stock of some of the humongous worms.
Introduce them to an organic rich environment, and wait 'til they had baby
worms.

The link I gave above shows how to make a container for a worm farm.
Buy a thousand or so online to start ...

How do worms reproduce?- Hide quoted text -

They are hermaphrodites. They produce external egg pouches.