Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Rangaire Hood Filter With Lens

On Sep 6, 4:45*pm, "Doug" wrote:
I was cleaning the filter in my range hood (Rangaire Hood model
PM25) and thought of 3 questions in the process.

1- *What do you use to cut the grease in this filter? *I was soaking
it in bleach and water but is there anything better?

2- And if I wanted to replace this filter, can I just replace the
filter material or is it better to just replace the whole filter?

Here's a vendor who sells the entire filter for replacement and
includes a picture of my filter ...http://www.rangeairfilters.com/produ...id=610049-ACL9...

3- *Inside the housing is real greasy. *Anything good to clean it
with, with safety in mind due to wires, etc... ?

Filter assembly in the dishwaher with double dishwasher powder,
hottest water possible. For the fixture, I would spray on Easy-off,
run the fan to get the fumes out of the house, wait the suggested time
and wipe down with lots of old rags/paper towels, be careful of the
fumes.