Posted to uk.d-i-y
Steve Firth Steve Firth is offline

Default "Nuclear" weedkiller for drive ?

Percy wrote:
On Wed, 5 Sep 2012, "News" writ:

In message , Percy writes

How I miss it and the wonderful bombs I made as a teenager in the 60s.

Electrically detonated at the local gravel pit and hours of harmless fun.

You *were* sophisticated. We filled drinking straws with the mixture, lit it and ran.

I suppose we were. Jetex fuse was the alternative. We used to unsolder
the end of a glass cartridge fuse, fill it with the mixture and re-solder
the end cap with bell wire attached. A small motorcycle battery was all
that was needed to set it off.

The mixture was either sugar/sodium chlorate or, when we could get it,
aluminium powder/sodium chlorate.

Hmm I used to make electrical detonators from bangers. Take cycle brake
cable and cut a six inch length. Unwind a single steel wire from the cable
and straighten by gripping each end if the wire with pliers and pulling
until it work hardens. It is now straight and ideal for poking right
through a banger from touch paper and out through the base. Tape bell wire
to each end, connect across car battery for a bang. Use as the detonator
for your own ANFO or chlorite devices. Allegedly.