Frank Z

Default Making a small room look bigger ...........

On Fri, 18 Jul 2003 21:05:24 +0100, "Mary Fisher"
wrote:

The room in question is only 3m x 4m, and I have to make it look as
spacious as possible....

sorry about the previous post.

Without challenging, why do you want it to look more spacious? It could be
cosy, snug, normal ...

But if you insist I'd suggest having no patterns at all in the room and as
few colours as possible, preferably light. You don't say what the purpose of
the room is but if you keep all furniture round the walls there will be
floor space in the centre. If you have children they'll fill that
immediately :-(.

Our sitting room is that size and it's the one almost everyone says they
like as soon as they go into it, spontaneously.

Size doesn't always matter!

I take your point... The room was a bedroom but it is currently to be
used as a lounge, since the house has ben turned into two flats. OK,
size doesn't *allways* matter, but I think that usually, bigger is
generally considered better - especially by house buyers and I'm
possibly going to be selling the place soon. It is an old terraced
house with small rooms. So I need to make the larger rooms (this being
one of them) look as large as possible. That's my thinking, anyway....
but I thank you for the suggestions. And thanks to everyone else for
the helpful suggestions. I've taken on board a few good tips here.

Frank