Posted to uk.d-i-y
Percy Percy is offline

Default "Nuclear" weedkiller for drive ?

On Wed, 5 Sep 2012, "News" writ:

In message , Percy
writes

How I miss it and the wonderful bombs I made as a teenager in the 60s.

Electrically detonated at the local gravel pit and hours of harmless
fun.

You *were* sophisticated. We filled drinking straws with the mixture,
lit it and ran.

I suppose we were. Jetex fuse was the alternative. We used to unsolder
the end of a glass cartridge fuse, fill it with the mixture and
re-solder the end cap with bell wire attached. A small motorcycle
battery was all that was needed to set it off.

The mixture was either sugar/sodium chlorate or, when we could get it,
aluminium powder/sodium chlorate.