Posted to alt.home.repair
George George is offline

Default Home Depot Latex Paint ...very poor coverage

On 9/4/2012 8:53 PM, wrote:
I spent a fortune on Home depot topof the line Latex. I primed the bare wood with primer and the it basically too 3 or 4 coats to cover. The color is white.
I don't know what's wrong with Latex paint these days. I remember when Latex fist came out in the early 1960's. My father bought Dupont Lucite Latex and he never had a coverage problem. The crap they have today is like water.

Sometimes it just pays to spend less at a real paint store. I have
always had good results with Sherwin Williams paints.

An example, we had some remodeling work done needed to paint new
drywall. We used Sherwin Williams promar xxx drywall primer. It covered
so well with one coat that people thought it was the finished job. We
had a little left to do and ran out so I went to HD and bought their
best quality drywall primer. The coverage was no where near as good and
it cost more than Sherwin Williams.