Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Home Depot Latex Paint ...very poor coverage

On Wed, 05 Sep 2012 12:27:46 -0400, "
wrote:

On Wed, 05 Sep 2012 08:43:50 -0700, Oren wrote:

On Wed, 5 Sep 2012 07:02:39 -0700 (PDT), "hr(bob) "
wrote:

I thought the Behr line of paints had high ratings from Consumer
Reports.

I've painted four homes with it for myself (interior) and other jobs
(condo). Used it for exterior stucco (elastomeric) and fascia trim
(acrylic latex) over two coats of primer. All in the desert. Never a
problem, brushing, rollers or spraying.

After the store shakes the can I also mix it more with a paddle and
drill. Also it is good to stir the paints during painting. (add
floetrol paint additive for trim) Then I strain the paint through a
mesh bag. Never a problem with Behr.

I just used Behr on the inside of my garage. The only thing I didn't like
about it is that it tears easily. When I pulled off the masking tape around
the outlets and such, it wanted to tear. It's like it didn't want to stick to
the walls. I'll stick with Benjamin Moore.

Blue painter's tape? I've not had that problem, but I always remove
face plates to paint instead of masking around them. Seems faster to
me and cost nothing but a little effort.

My bride did paint a garage man door in the garage. It pulled away
around where the weather strip made contact. Likely not cured enough
to prevent peeling.