Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default repair information needed on a toy riding pony

"Bill Proms" wrote in message
Just a quick update here- the manufacturer no longer supports this type of
pony. I emailed and later called them yesterday. They don't even have a
service manual available either and also advised me that there were no

user
serviceable parts inside. I'll tell you one thing, if my cousin hadn't of
bought this used at a yard sale (I think she paid $20), I would have been
quite upset with the lack of cooperation especially considering the

original
pricetag of hundreds of dollars.

You know the old joke about the kid playing with the cardboard box and
ignoring the toy.

It sounds like Butterscotch was a product with fundamental design problems,
and Hasbro decided to just dump it. At least Tyco didn't gripe when people
requested replacements for their defective N.S.E.C.T.

Regardless, I'd still contact the Attorney General in your state, or the
state in which Hasbro is located. If people don't complain, businesses will
continue to get away with this "we don't give a damn" crap.

I just forced La Crosse into replacing a clock/thermometer which was labeled
(on its Website) as having an atomic clock, but did not, with one that did.