Posted to uk.d-i-y
Thumper[_2_] Thumper[_2_] is offline

Default Broadband Speed Test

"Man at B&Q" wrote in message
On Sep 1, 2:02 pm, "Thumper" wrote:
"Brian Gaff" wrote in message

Virgin is probably the fastest unless you go for BT Infinity, both are
faster due to the fibre optic to the closest possible point of course.
The
snag with all of this is that often the net itself gets clogged up and
one
cannot actually do much about that.

Something that niggles me is that I lose the connection at least 3 or 4
times a week. It's just a case of reconnecting to the router to get back
on
line but I do wonder am I just losing the wireless link between my laptop
and the router

That happens to me (loss of wireless connection), but only with the
laptop (2 differemt ones in fact). Kids desktop with USB wireless
dongle is fine, but I have to reboot the modem/router to sort out the
lost connection.

Does it coincode with microwave oven use?

No, it's quite random.