Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default obnoxious Fluke 87 V meter problem

Mark Zacharias wrote:
"Jeff Liebermann" wrote in message

snip

down to the bottom until it seals the receptacle. That's should help.

Incidentally, I have two Fluke meters (Model 10 and 73). No problems
and well worth the money.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D

I have a 85-III, an 87-V, a 27-II, an 8800A/AF, the new 289 and an 8840A. In
my experience they have been absolutlely reliable, and in measurements
there's not over about 400 microvolts difference on DC volts between them,
even the 8800 produced around (?) 1975 and the 8840A made around 1986.

Yes, I am a "multimeter junkie"...

I have left my 87-V in my refrigerator for days on end getting min-max on
temperature. It would get condensation when moved from the cold to a warm
room, but never malfunctioned.

I have not submerged any of them, but the 27-II is supposed to be
waterproof...

The 87-5 has split terminals for the current jacks - this may explain why
the other fellow was getting the "leads" indication with moisture in there.

I just confirmed that just one breath like one would use to clean
eyeglasses is enough to "short out" the small current range jack.

Can anybody else try this?

I'm going to ask fluke about this.