Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve B[_13_] Steve B[_13_] is offline

Default OT Do you lick your wounds?

"micky" wrote

b) The warning about infections refered to "deep" wounds, and I've
only had one deep wound, about 20 years ago, from a wrought iron fence
stake, and I went to a clinic that took me immediately. It never
occurrred to me to lick that, because it needed far more than a lick.

Seen a product called MaxClot, developed by the military. A combination of
a dressing and a powder, applied immediately after wounding to really bad
wounds that are bleeding a lot. Available on line, and also saw it at
Sportsman Paradise, a local big outdoor supplier.

Expensive, but I still want some for my first aid bag. My bag is suitcase
size.

Steve