Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Sofa Slug[_2_] Sofa Slug[_2_] is offline

Default repair information needed on a toy riding pony

On 9/4/2012 9:50 AM, William Sommerwerck wrote:
Recently, it has become partially dysfunctional and I was trying to
find a repair facility. I contacted the manufacturer and they say
it's no longer in production and therefore no place available
offering repair.

You might want to point out to Hasbro that it's legally obliged to
provide service parts (and by implication, service).

If Hasbro doesn't cooperate, contact your state Attorney General and
file a complaint.

My guess is that Hasbro would try & weasel out of it. The ad does state
"Discontinued by manufacturer: Yes". Once certain makers discontinue
manufacturing an item (particularly with imported electronics), you may
be immediately left out in the cold - they might literally deny it's
existence, sometimes refusing to supply parts or even service info (I
had this happen recently with Kenwood). This appears to be on the
increase as more & more manufacturing is outsourced to nameless Chinese
factories.