Posted to sci.electronics.repair
N_Cook N_Cook is offline

Default repair information needed on a toy riding pony

Bill Proms wrote in message
My cousin has a toy riding pony like the one found he

http://www.amazon.com/Hasbro-76471-F...h/dp/B000F2JZK

Recently, it has become partially dysfunctional and I was trying to find a
repair facility. I contacted the manufacturer and they say it's no longer
in production and therefore no place available offering repair. It's

really
to large to ship anywhere, so I'm left either with a broken toy or no

choice
but to try and repair it myself. I looked it over yesterday, but found it
very UNuser friendly when trying to disassemble it. The pony "coat" for
example, while it unzips from around the head, there are no other areas

with
zippers so the only way I saw to remove from the body would be scissor
cutting which I really didn't want to do. There may be a special way of
disassembly anyhow which is why the next step was to try to find a service
manual.

Anyone have experience repairing these gadgets please chime in. What a
waste to spend nearly $600 new and can no longer get support when

something
goes wrong.

Thanks in advance,
Bill

From my limited experience of motor & clockwork driven automata the main
failure, assuming fair wear and tear, is the first drive pinion, stripped
teeth/shifting or split. If its been abused then it could be anything , of
course