Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Default Equipotential bonding

tony sayer wrote:
In article , Piers Finlayson
scribeth thus
On 2012-09-04 17:30:59 +0000, ARW said:

Adam Funk wrote:
On 2012-09-03, ARW wrote:

David WE Roberts wrote:

Just to check something - if I am going for RCBOs as
discussed in another thread, are these O.K. for bathroom
areas?
IIRC RCBOs are RCDs and a bit more?

What circuits are you planning on the rewire?

And it is nice to see someone using RCBOs and not just a dual
RCD CU.

Sure, but most builders (especially for new houses) just use a
dual RCD CU because it's the cheapest way to comply, isn't it?

Just fitted this in a new build house today:-)

http://www.thlsolutions.co.uk/store/...3-12-Way-125A-

TP%26N-Distribution-Board-17th-edition.html

Plus the phase conversion kit. It's only a single phase supply to
the house.

As a general rule I aways give the smokes their own independant
RCBO.

Yes, I fitted one of these (actually a slightly larger version) a
while ago along with the single phase conversion kit, and have
RCBOs for each circuit. I love the space inside for wiring up
compared to a normal CU.

Just a point. Is that a good thing in that say the RCBO on the smoke
detect system fails how would anyone know just that circuits out?..

If its tagged across the ring main or lights then its quite obvious
that the circuit has gone down...

Y/N ?..

I have no problem putting the smokes on the RBCO with the upstairs lights.
And I have long argued that for **** hole rented properties that the smoke
detectors should be on the same circuit as the TV.

Battery backed up smoke detectors are pretty good on ANY circuit IMHO
opinion.

--
Adam