Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] hansetten@gmail.com is offline

Default Problem with Atmel micro in a Kaon TV decoder

Hi guys,

I don't know if anybody is still reading this, but let's give it a try...

I have the same Kaon Receiver with the same problem. Annoying, but after a minute or so it finally boots so that was fine enough for me. For some years (...).

However, after I got back from holiday this year I have a new problem: Generally I never fully switch off the unit (with the mains switch), but for this holiday I did. After I got back I wsitched the unit back on, and now it doesn't pass the boot cycle any more. The display first shows the moving segments (a couple of seconds) and then shows "on", and then it's stuck... It output's no signal to the TV, not even the menu or anything similar

I suspected some memory battery problem, but it doesn't seem to have one.

Anybody any idea?

Thanks in advance for any help, because obviously Kaon is not of much help