Posted to uk.d-i-y
David WE Roberts[_4_] David WE Roberts[_4_] is offline

Default Equipotential bonding

"ARW" wrote in message
David WE Roberts wrote:

Just to check something - if I am going for RCBOs as discussed in
another thread, are these O.K. for bathroom areas?
IIRC RCBOs are RCDs and a bit more?

What circuits are you planning on the rewire?

And it is nice to see someone using RCBOs and not just a dual RCD CU.

Over 50% of the house is being rewired and I am having a new CU.
So nearly everything will go on RCBOs.
Up to 12 circuits at the moment so this is likely to be a bit expensive, but
worth it in the long run.

As discussed in another thread, the main reason for RCBOs is to avoid taking
out the whole CU (or half for a split CU) with an earth/neutral fault when
working on an individual socket or light fitting.
I am trying to plan ahead and make the next 10-20 years as easy as possible.

Fridge/freezer on own circuit.
CH on own circuit.

Planning to move the existing CU down to the shed but won't be using most of
it.

Cheers

Dave R.

[Not even bunny]