Posted to uk.d-i-y
SteveW[_2_] SteveW[_2_] is offline

Default Toilet Cabin for Builders

On 02/09/2012 18:41, ARW wrote:
Mr Pounder wrote:
"ARW" wrote in message
DerbyBorn wrote:
Will be having some quotes soon for an extension. I am considering
asking the builders to supply their own toilet to avoid having
ours messed up. Any thoughts on the likely cost and how a builder
may react?

Dunno about the cost, but they are are a requirement at some of the
houses I have worked on.

Nothing beats having a crap at minus 6 in a portable toilet. It's
worse than having one when it is 35 deg.

But if you are in the trade then tough ****. The tradesmen have to
live by your rules.

--
Adam

The building trade has always been crap.

You mean "treated as crap".

No some are just crap! I know one who decided to buy some properties in
France and do them up. He'd been a builder (and done peoples extensions,
kitchens etc.) for many years. He cocked up the plumbing (a chauffe eau
of hot water and couldn't get any out) and the wiring (one light
wouldn't work and another was intermittent). He visited our holiday home
20 miles away and commented on his second visit a few days later how
fast we were progressing (DIYers only) and then invited us round to
solve his problems!

SteveW