Posted to uk.d-i-y
PeterC PeterC is offline

Default Cheaper to disconnect gas, or a mistake re cost of disconnect?

On Sun, 2 Sep 2012 21:44:18 +0000 (UTC), Andrew Gabriel wrote:

In article ,
John Rumm writes:

I would have thought if you went for one of the contracts where they in
effect incorporate the standing charge into the gas price for the first
"n" units, then you should be able to simply use less (i.e. none!) and
hence pay nothing.

In the two summer quarters, I never get through the first "n" units,
so my standing charge is effectively reduced.

Last year I had 2 quarters with no use and paid nothing. The units are all
the same price and no SC. I've dual fuel via Ebico and every time I've tried
a comparison site I get negative savings!
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away