Posted to uk.d-i-y
David WE Roberts[_4_] David WE Roberts[_4_] is offline

Default Toilet Cabin for Builders

"DerbyBorn" wrote in message
2.236...
Will be having some quotes soon for an extension. I am considering asking
the builders to supply their own toilet to avoid having ours messed up.
Any
thoughts on the likely cost and how a builder may react?

Just to note that we let our builders use our toilet.
Not that they are likely to mess it up too much, and it is going in the skip
later on when the new bathroom is plumbed in.
Likewise carpets etc. so there is no issue with mucky boots.
They are being very organised in keeping toilet facilities available
throughout the build (for our benefit) as we are replacing all the main
drainage in the house which could cause problems if done in the wrong order.

We are not bothered if they take a dump - everyone has to - and why make
life difficult.
However I suspect they may not do very often, if at all.

Then again we are working aslongside them part of most days and they are
almosr part of the family :-)

More of an issue if you have white fluffy carpets and the builders can't aim
properly.

They will hopefully soon have a choice of two new toilets as the new
drainage has gone in and we are starting to put things back together inside
the old part of the house.

Cheers

Dave R
[Not even bunny]