Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
ATP ATP is offline

Default gunner - hot stick

"Paul Hovnanian P.E." wrote in message
Gunner wrote:

On Thu, 30 Aug 2012 10:12:45 -0500, "Lloyd E. Sponenburgh"
lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:

Gunner... Do you have a 35-foot hot stick you'd like to sell?

Lloyd

Sure dont. I dont think Ive ever seen one of those for sale, ever.

Liability. How do you know this has been tested for insulation leakage at
voltage? Back when I was in the power company biz, all equipment used for
HV work had to be tested periodically.

And I'd never use one of these without a pair of (tested) HV gloves as
well.

--
Paul Hovnanian
Dedicated to the unrestricted propagation of worthless

I picked one up at a garage sale once. Brought it to work and someone lifted
it. I can't imagine that anyone would want to set a fuse and reenergize an
HV line without working for a utility. I've done HV splices but the utility
has always reneergized after getting OK from supervisors, etc..