Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] js.b1@ntlworld.com is offline

Default Cheaper to disconnect gas, or a mistake re cost of disconnect?

On Sunday, September 2, 2012 10:44:19 PM UTC+1, Andrew Gabriel wrote:
In the two summer quarters, I never get through the first "n" units,
so my standing charge is effectively reduced.

Did some(all?) utilities recently change so they charge more first "n" units in the winter quarters than the summer to offset this?

Must watch they do not introduce a "no usage penalty", otherwise I can see a lab gas tap & natural gas ring burner being set up.