Posted to alt.home.repair
TomR[_3_] TomR[_3_] is offline

Default How do you turn OFF the lights on a kid's sneaker?

James Gagney wrote:
My middle-school kid is embarrassed by the lights on the sneakers him
mom bought him for the start of school.

See picture he
http://www1.picturepush.com/photo/a/...mg/9153934.jpg

I told my boy that I'd 'fix' it.

Now I need YOUR help!

How do you turn OFF the lights to a kid's pair of sneakers?

I assume that they are battery operated/powered.

If so, maybe try placing the sneakers in a bucket of clean water with a
weight on top to keep them submerged. My guess is that the water will find
its way into the battery area and short out the battery in each sneaker.

Or, if you can figure out what type of pressure (how much, where, etc) will
cause the sneakers to light up, maybe you can place weights or a chair leg
(with weights on the chair) in a position to keep the lights on 24/7 and
wait for the batteries to die out.

I don't know if either idea will work, but those are things that I would try
before trying to take apart the sneakers etc.