Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] js.b1@ntlworld.com is offline

Default Cheaper to disconnect gas, or a mistake re cost of disconnect?

On Sunday, September 2, 2012 8:09:55 PM UTC+1, Phil L wrote:
...and free gas when you buy a meter off ebay
:-p

I think some used to just turn the old ?blue? meters around, "dials to the wall". It was stopped by changing the inlet/outlet fittings on ?cream? meters.

I do know the relative did have the old type of meter until 1998 whereupon a meter reader had it off the wall the same day for that very reason. She was never cold, used to burn the old telephone directories as she worked at an exchange :-))

So bizarrely I have to phone uSwitch tomorrow and convert to dual-fuel.