Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] jgh@arcade.demon.co.uk is offline

Default Cheaper to disconnect gas, or a mistake re cost of disconnect?

Phil L wrote:
...and free gas when you buy a meter off ebay

or when TransCo insist repeatedly that there isn't a supply.

House that used to be ground floor shop and upstairs flat.
Little old lady rented both from landlord years'n'years
ago from landlord who lived elsewhere. Gas meter for flat
in cellar of shop. Bills sent to Landlord's address.

When LOL retired landlord converted shop into residential
and let LOL continue tenancy. LOL wanted to change gas
supplier. Transco say "we've been to number 400, and there's
no meter there". LOL says "no, I live at number 350". Transco
say "we've been to number 400, and there's no meter there."

Upshot is, LOL had no gas bills for the last 12 years. She's
now moved out, so the next incoming occupier is going to
have an interesting time.

JGH