Posted to uk.d-i-y
Phil L Phil L is offline

Default Cheaper to disconnect gas, or a mistake re cost of disconnect?

wrote:
On Sunday, September 2, 2012 7:32:04 PM UTC+1, GB wrote:
Surely, you can just get it capped off at the meter for no charge at
all?

Yes, but the gas meter still exists so you need a gas contract - I
think. You can't simply forget it exists, because you have to pay the
Gas Transporter for the rent / maintenance of the meter and network
supply.

However, reading 4 energy company Terms & Conditions for Dual Fuel
contracts I can find nothing that says "if you have a dual fuel
contract, you must draw N kWh of gas or will be charged a minimum
amount".

So yes, it seems I just get the meter outlet capped and continue a
dual fuel supply, draw no gas, and bizarrely they get nothing on the
gas side and I get a dual fuel discount.

....and free gas when you buy a meter off ebay
:-p