Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] js.b1@ntlworld.com is offline

Default Cheaper to disconnect gas, or a mistake re cost of disconnect?

On Sunday, September 2, 2012 7:32:04 PM UTC+1, GB wrote:
Surely, you can just get it capped off at the meter for no charge at all?

Yes, but the gas meter still exists so you need a gas contract - I think. You can't simply forget it exists, because you have to pay the Gas Transporter for the rent / maintenance of the meter and network supply.

However, reading 4 energy company Terms & Conditions for Dual Fuel contracts I can find nothing that says "if you have a dual fuel contract, you must draw N kWh of gas or will be charged a minimum amount".

So yes, it seems I just get the meter outlet capped and continue a dual fuel supply, draw no gas, and bizarrely they get nothing on the gas side and I get a dual fuel discount.