Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] eeyore.is.here@gmail.com is offline

Default Equipotential bonding

On Saturday, 1 September 2012 18:23:17 UTC+1, John Rumm wrote:
On 01/09/2012 14:09, ARW wrote:

John Rumm wrote:

On 01/09/2012 12:19, tony sayer wrote:

In article

.com, Owain scribeth thus

And the regulations are different for council houses. For council

houses it's compulsory to earth everything (including the

individual hot and cold taps). :-)

Umm ... why?..

Because council jobsworths with no actual understanding, get to make

the "rules"...

Name one:-)

A jobsworth or a rule?

The latter would be easy - EQ bonding metal sinks and baths, or

insisting that supplementary bonding must be visible in the room etc.

Regarding supplementary bonding being visible: does this mean that
the tagged bonding clamps you get for metal pipes etc have to be in plain sight according to the regs? I ask because I had this conversation with someone about equipotential bonding in a bathroom and I offered the opinion that this was indeed what the regs said. He said he didn't care what the regs said, it made the finish look sh!t and he wasn't having it. The bonding tags were duly applied below the floorboards, out of sight...and not, as far as I knew, to the regs. FWIW I think he had the right attitude ;0)

As for jobsworths, I try to keep away from them!

--

Cheers,

John.

| Internode Ltd - |