nestork nestork is offline
Senior Member

Quote:
i have come across glass locks holding my
externally beaded glass in and cannot seem to remove them.
Yikes! I'm concerned you might be dealing with a home-made job there.

You see, beaded glass is privacy glass. It is has what's called a "pin head" texture on one side to distort the light going through the glass for privacy.

But, when privacy glass is installed, it's the smooth side that goes on the outside so that the gaskets and weather stripping around the glass have a smooth surface to seal to. Those gaskets and seals wouldn't be able to properly seal rain water out if they were facing the textured surface of the glass, which is the way you're saying your privacy glass is installed.

If someone installed that glass with the textured surface on the outside, than I expect they didn't know how it was supposed to be done.

So far as instructions on how to remove the glass goes, your best bet is just to take a digital picture of the kind of clip you have down to any glass repair shop, and they can show you how to release that clip.