Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Elbrecht Jim Elbrecht is offline

Default In the name of the Father, and the son, and the holy spirit

On Sat, 1 Sep 2012 12:35:08 -0500, "HeyBub"
wrote:

Oren wrote:

Well, you can do a write in on the ballot. You are not required to
vote for either one.

Sorry, write-ins are not allowed for the office of president and
vice-president.

This is because you are not voting directly for the president, but instead
for a slate of electors pledged (usually) to vote for him in the Electoral
College.

The election law is different in every state-
NY allows a write in, but he/she must file the proper papers by 3
weeks before the election.

That said-- There is never any shortage of candidates on most ballots.
I've voted for one of those others several times in the past 30 years.

NV had the 'none of the above' line-- but the R's had it removed from
the presidential line because they were afraid it might beat Mitt.

Also- if I happen to like one of the major party candidates [for any
office] I will do everything possible to vote for them on a line other
than the R or D--- I've voted for a Green Candidate and a Right to
Life candidate on the same ballot.

Jim