Posted to uk.d-i-y
Thumper[_2_] Thumper[_2_] is offline

Default Broadband Speed Test

"Brian Gaff" wrote in message
Virgin is probably the fastest unless you go for BT Infinity, both are
faster due to the fibre optic to the closest possible point of course. The
snag with all of this is that often the net itself gets clogged up and one
cannot actually do much about that.

Something that niggles me is that I lose the connection at least 3 or 4
times a week. It's just a case of reconnecting to the router to get back on
line but I do wonder am I just losing the wireless link between my laptop
and the router or is it the internet connection I keep losing for 30
seconds? Very occassionally I have to do a complete power down and restart
to get connected.

My nephew says I should get a VM engineer to come out and fix the line
everytime it happens but I guess they would only come out if the internet
became unuseable.