Posted to uk.d-i-y
dennis@home dennis@home is offline

Default Broadband Speed Test

"tony sayer" wrote in message
In article , dennis@home
scribeth thus

"tony sayer" wrote in message
In article , dennis@home
scribeth thus

"tony sayer" wrote in message

It does make you wonder what some of the people have done wrong.
You can get virgin tests that go down as low as 0.6Mb/s even though
the
slowest connection they offer is 10mb/s and distance should not
affect
the
throughput.

They do sometimes supply over copper as ADSL Den...

Not in cabled areas.

What do you not understand about the word "sometimes" ?...

What has what you said got to do with them having poor speed test results
in
a cabled area?

Well I know a few well genned up techs who work with these systems and
they beg to differ re speeds on a cabled network over such short
distances...

And I know a lot of people using it and they all have the same speeds
i.e. what they pay for unlike ADSL over copper.

You get what you pay for with ADSL.
Just because some people don't listen to the estimate of the speed they will
get doesn't mean they are getting less than they are paying for.
You look at the options and choose what does what you want.

Virgin cable is OK but its too expensive and it has some serious caps on it.

But they do deliver over ADSL where their network doesn't cover.

So where do you get your results from then?.....

Oddly enough the speed test site in the post I replied to.