Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default Dirty hot water mystery

But hang on a moment...
If the source is now gone, assuming it was the cold supply, you should only
need to clear it out once. However if its still happening you might need to
worry about where it is in fact coming from or whatever you do will have to
be done over and over. I guess getting the pollution analysed would be too
costly?

Brian

From the sofa of Brian Gaff -

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"GB" wrote in message
On 31/08/2012 15:49, Tim+ wrote:

No access panels. I think the main problem is that there is no separate
drain point and the lowest accessible point to drain it is the cold
water inlet which is about 18" up the side. I suspect the only way to
do this might be to syphon it down with a hosepipe inserted in the top
but that's going to involve disturbing quite a lot of soldered pipework.

There's no immersion heater?