Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default OT, soldiers carrying loaded weapsons.

On Fri, 31 Aug 2012 07:34:12 -0400, Jim Elbrecht
wrote:

DerbyDad03 wrote:

-snip-

Since no one else has actually answered your question with any
authority, I don't feel bad tossing out my opinion of what may been
the cause of the policy change:

It's sad that there are no Iraq/Afghan vets or people close enough to
them to ask that post here on this group.

Shows, in part, what a small group they are-- and how big a sacrifice
they've been making for the past decade.

Jim

Yes, indeed.

It's also probaboly because they're too young to post here.. Most of
the people here and other ngs are over 50, rarely under 30, because
almost no one makes a profit on Usenet, no one advertises Usenet, and
most posters go to web forums for some reason, even though I once
posted a list of 15 reasons why Usenet was better.

We really should tell people about Usenet, and how much better it is.

For one thing, there is no way to communicate directly with someone on
a webforum, unless he's still reading it. But, among others, I still
have the same email address I used 18 or 20 years ago on Usenet, and
if anyone sees an old post and wants to know how it turned out, etc.
they can email. me.