Posted to uk.d-i-y
Sam Plusnet Sam Plusnet is offline

Default Broadband Speed Test

In article ,
says...

The moral is when FTTC comes to your area, make you mind up whether you
want it or not, and if you do, get your order in quick before everyone
else does ...

Err...
They installed FTTC at my exchange - and more specifically to my Cabinet
[1].
No order from me, & no email from my ISP - but it's done & my speed
(almost) doubled.

You do need to place an order if you want FTTP (fibre to your house) -
and pay for it.

[1] This can be a great disappointment to some people. They hear that
their exchange is being FTTC'd - and they later discover that only some
cabinets were upgraded & theirs wasn't one of them.

--
Sam