Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Tim Wescott[_4_] Tim Wescott[_4_] is offline

Default Drilling 304 Stainless

On Thu, 30 Aug 2012 22:43:57 -0700, Erik wrote:

Aluminum wears too quickly. The holes are for steel line clips, which
must bear the centrifugal force of the airplane at the same time that
the handle is being worked.

But it would make the job much easier.

Just a thought... could/would some sort of hardened
bushing/fairlead/lead-out work?

It would make the handle assembly lighter as well

Erik

PS, I also flew a lot of C/L as a kid it was the mid/late 60's...

Combat, rat, and even dabbled in a little jet speed.

The hot handle of those days was red plastic, with a piece of cable
threaded through it. The ends of the cable had eyes swaged in with
'Nicopress' like sleeves. Not sure of the name... EZ-Just or EZ-Adjust
comes to mind...

EZ-Just. I have one.

The hot ticket for control line stunt is a hard-point handle of some
sort, with no heavy cable to soften the response by acting as a spring.
The handle design I'm using uses a line of holes to adjust spacing, and
different-sized clips at the handle to adjust the neutral point. It's
exceptionally simple -- except for drilling those damned holes.

--
Tim Wescott
www.wescottdesign.com