Posted to alt.home.repair
Jon Danniken[_7_] Jon Danniken[_7_] is offline

Default When You're Screwing...

On 08/30/2012 03:48 PM, David Kaye wrote:
The other day when I was doing a handyman thing for a friend, she wondered
why I was holding an ice pick. She was a little unnerved by it, actually.
Well, I keep an old-fashioned ice pick in my toolbox for a simple reason: it
makes it simple to start a screw in a wall, door, or other wooden surface.
Just twist it a few times back and forth and you have a small starter hole.

I just use the screw itself and give it a little tap from the
screwdriver's handle.

Jon